Welcome to the epic epicness that is episode #126 of the TORWars podcast. This is our first week back from all the goodness that the holidays brought and let me tell you, we are super glad to be back and doing the podcast. We hope that you had a wonderful holiday and that your New Years has proven to be positive so far.
Being fully rested, we are now back into the groove of things and back on our game. Brian’s had his rest and enjoyed his time playing with LEGO’s, Jeff is still nursing his New Years hangover by continuing to booze it up (because why waste a good hangover right?) and I myself have had the pleasure to do absolutely nothing for two weeks (a rarity, I assure you).
But alas, we have lots to discuss. So, why bore you with meaningless words? Allow me to give you the show notes for your reading pleasure:
TORWars Guild is growing strong! To join, fill out a quick and easy application at TORWars.enjin.com!
- ● Jeff Hickman’s Second State Of The Game blog post:
- ● Topic #1: Elder Game Content – What is our intent for keeping level 50’s occupied? Answer: Overall, we’re aiming to introduce a more diverse array of activities – more stuff to do with your Companion, more challenges to tackle with groups, and more reasons for guilds to recruit. We’ll also be improving our itemization, introducing new incentives to revisit existing areas, and a lot of other exciting things that will be revealed as we move through the upcoming year.
- ● Topic #2: World PvP – What happened to making Ilum better? What is going on with Open World PvP? Answer: We have not forgotten Ilum! I think you will see (fairly soon) the answer to this question in the game itself – something big is coming to the Western Ice Shelf, but it’s quite a departure from what was there before. As for pure Open World PvP…well, that’s a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.
- ● Topic #3: Character Copy to Public Test Server (PTS) – What is taking so long? Answer: As of the writing of this letter, we are in focused, internal testing on character copies for PTS. You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year. It will provide free character copies to PTS at any time (with possible restrictions dependent upon our testing needs at any given time). This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.
- ● Topic #4: Same Gender Romance: Any news on this front would be great. – Answer: First of all, I want to apologize that this is taking so long to get in the game. I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character. Unfortunately, this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed as we focused on the changes required to take the game Free-to-Play. As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of. Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!
- ● Community Cantina Stops in London and France
We’re happy to announce that the next two stops in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Community Cantina Tour will be happening on Friday, February 1st in Paris and Saturday, February 2nd in London.
This is your chance to join the European Star Wars™: The Old Republic community for a development team Q&A (featuring Executive Producer Jeff Hickman) as well as complimentary drinks*, food, and giveaways. Every attendee will be receiving a highly coveted Tauntaun Fawn code and a code for a rare item from the Cartel Market.
Additionally, you are invited to join us before the events at the Louvre and the London Film Museum to check out the Star Wars exhibits!** The community team will be outside the museums with a sign so that fans may tour together as a group.
- ● Make us Laugh Contest – First Three Winners Announced!
- ● Enjin.com – Thanks for the Guild/Mumble hosting for the TORWars guild!
- ● SWTOR Spy
- ● Corellian Run Radio
- ● TORWars.enjin.com – Shadowlands – Imperial Side
And there you have it people, the first TORWars podcast of the new year. We hope you enjoyed it but hould you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please let us know in the comments section below. Thanks and cheers!