Hello there TORWarriors and welcome to yet another episode of the TORWars podcast. Today we present to you episode #130 where we talk about all of the wonderful information that came to us from BioWare over the last week. There are some new features here at TORWars and things are every in flux. We have some new columns you may have noticed as well as some video livestreams of the TORWars guild in action. With those columns, you may have noticed some new names on the site and we want to welcome our newest writers to the den of mischief and mayhem.
TORWars is always looking for great writers. People who can do more than just string a couple of words together and make a sentence. If you are looking for a creative outlet to talk about Star Wars: The Old Republic, contact me at dmhollis [at] torwars [dot] com. What we are looking for is stable content on a weekly basis, which means you will likely get a day that you need to have something submitted by so that I can publish. If this is something you can do and are deeply interested in, please let me know. I’d like to talk with you.
Enough with the business! What do you say, I stop my jibber-jabbering and get on with the show notes?
Game Update 1.7 – Return of the Gree
NEW RECURRING EVENT: RELICS OF THE GREE
- ● Explore Ilum’s contested area in the Western Ice Shelf to uncover the mysterious purpose of the Gray Secant, an enormous ancient Gree starship.
- ● Get ready to face a powerful opponent that awaits you at the center of this ancient vessel.
- ● Earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly-advanced weapon and armor!
- ● Look for opportunities to join this recurring event throughout the rest of the year. More details to come!
NEW SYSTEM: GALACTIC REPUTATION
- ● Check out an all new exciting way to level up your character.
- ● Advance through six ranks of increasing prestige: “Outsider”, “Newcomer”, “Friend”, “Hero”, “Champion”, and “Legend”.
- ● Earn Reputation Points by completing missions for allies such as the Gree and the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire.
- ● Galactic Reputation is tied to your character’s Legacy, so enjoy earned Reputation Points and ranks across all characters in your Legacy!
EA to Release Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2013 Results on Jan. 30, 2013
First Financial Update Since Free To Play Option/Cartel Market
Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013
2:00 pm Pacific Time (5:00 pm Eastern Time)
Updated BioWare Response On Spymaster, Phantom, Trailblazer, and Preceptor outfits Gear Changes
● In Game Update 1.7 (which should be going live in the next month or so), will offer versions of the aforementioned outfits as they appeared before the 1.6.2 changes in addition to the current versions that appear in the Cartel Market Packs.
● Already have the outfits? Any player that has any pieces of the four outfits will receive the “Classic” version of those pieces as well, at no extra cost.
● How will they know? They will scan the bank, currently equipped items, and personal mail to check for the pieces to these outfits, so be sure to remove them from a Guild Bank before then.
SWTOR Community Cantina Tour – San Francisco
Venue: Jillian’s @ The Metreon
Date: Friday, March 1st, 2013
Time: 7-11PM PST
Come Meet TORWars – TORWars Representatives Will Be In Attendance, come meet us in person!
- ● Thank You To All Our Loyal Listeners/Readers
- ● Special thanks to our Paypal Donations
- ● Enjin.com – Thanks for the Guild/Mumble hosting for the TORWars guild!
- ● Corellian Run Radio
- ● TORWars.enjin.com – Shadowlands – Imperial Side
Thank as always for listening. We enjoy your feedback so please leave it in the comments section below.