Hello fellow TORWarriors, and welcome to podcast #171! It’s been a slow couple of weeks for news, so on this week’s show, we branch out a bit, do a bit more discussion than we usually do, and cover a wider range of topics. So without further ado, here are our topics for this week’s show!
1. It seems that EA Canada is working on an open world, sandbox style Star Wars title. How do we know this? Well, it’s only hinted at in various job announcements, Tweets, and other errata. It does seem that EA Canada is hiring for such a game, but will it be Grand Theft Tauntaun: Voss City? No one actually knows anything at this point.
2. It’s been two years since SWTOR first launched, and the community team got together and posted some very warm “Happy Anniversary” wishes to everyone. Now, we sort of covered this story before, but because of the soft launch of SWTOR (with early access, etc), the official date was actually December 20th.
3. Jedi robes are finally being input into the game! Well…maybe. Eric Musco has answered this hard-hitting question from fans, with this quote:
As requested, here is an update on “traditional” robes being brought into SWTOR. I think the first thing that is important to realize is that traditional can mean different things to different people. Although I know many folks are looking for the “Obi Wan” appearance, we won’t just copy and paste that in. With that being said, we have already brought some armor into the game that is a bit more traditional, such as Relnex set in the Supreme Mogul’s pack. In talking to the Cartel Market team we also have two more “traditional” Jedi armor sets in the works. One you will see in a future pack… and another which will be a direct sale item. You should see both of these within a few Game Updates from now, I don’t have exact timing at this moment.
4. Jinx SWTOR gear is on sale! Why? In fact, it seems this may be a way for them to reduce their SWTOR inventory. Anyway, this is your big chance to nab that t-shirt you’ve always wanted for just $14.99.
5. Our very own CEO and Editor-in-Chief, Deirdre, made a guest appearance on The ASF Podcast! What, you haven’t heard of the ASF Podcast? Well, let us tell you, it’s the hottest new podcast out there, hosted by the one and only Alan Nauman (of Mos Eisley Radio fame)!
Our Wishlist for 2014. Our very own Jean Prior wrote an excellent article on this topic, and we thought we’d share our hopes for 2014.
Jeff: Mini-games, new flashpoints, and more Galactic Starfighter Maps.
Deirdre: In-game events, a new expansion, and more faction-based story arcs.
Many of you had indicated, in your show feedback, that you’d like to hear from us on other sci-fi related topics. In this segment, we do just that, sharing our top pics for sci-fi movies of 2013.
Deirdre’s pick for top sci-fi movie of 2013: Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Her runner up is Man of Steel. Wait, what? Tune in to the show, as DD explains her reasoning why a comic book film is her runner up for sci-fi film of the year.
Jeff’s pick for top sci-fi movie of 2013: Elysium. He also discusses the film that came in a close second, Oblivion.
- TORWars Guild
- PayPal Donations – Many thanks to Michael and Mr. Big from 42Gaming for their donations!
- Corellian Run Radio
- The ASF Podcast