This past couple of week’s certainly been busy ones in the SWTOR universe! We’ve had a slew of golden posts by devs/community team members, all containing juicy nuggets of information about developments in everyone’s favorite MMO. This kind of information from the community team is certainly welcome.
Also, it looks like Update 2.6 will go live on February 4th. What’s in 2.6? Quite a lot, it seems, and we’ll be discussing all of it with you.
Of course, by the time you read this, Update 2.5.2 has been alive and well on the servers. Was this just another maintenance patch, or was there a BIG secret surprise in store for SWTOR players? Of course, we’ll let you know what we think of this latest event/surprise/thingie!
1. Update 2.5.2 went live on Tuesday, January 14th, and 2.5.2a went live on January 21st. This really looked to be largely a maintenance update. Of course, on the 21st, everyone was greeted with a somewhat unexpected surprise (well, some spoilers were released by data miners, etc).
2. Update 2.6 is scheduled to go live on February 4th! In Update 2.6, there are a number of improvements and updates to the classes, which is certainly welcome.
3. 2.6 will allow players to simultaneously queue for Warzones AND Galactic Starfighter, and will provide a detailed scoreboard for GSF! The simultaneous queuing is a very significant quality of life improvement for PvPers everywhere.
4. 2.6 will also introduce the bomber to Galactic Starfighter. We got to see the bomber in action during the beta testing of GSF, and it’s on the live test server now. It’s a nice addition to the game, but the consequences introducing a new spacecraft may be far reaching.
5. Finally, 2.6 will introduce a new game mode to Galactic Starfighter: Team Deathmatch. Essentially, Deathmatch will simply track each team’s kills, and the team with the highest number of kills wins. There are two ways to win: when the timer runs out, and when a kill cap has been reached. There are also power-ups in the game, which is a new feature.
The new “Live Stream” feature is a rarity in the realm of MMO community teams. Is this a needed form of interaction between the community and the SWTOR dev team, or is it just a gimmick? Tune in, as both Jeff and Deirdre give their opinions!
A new live event, the Rakghoul Plague Outbreak, appeared on Alderaan. On Monday, January 13th, a significant number of hints by the Community Team were dropped, indicating a live event is imminent. Then, on the 21st, the event finally went live. Of course, we share our thoughts on this subject. Is it just a Rakghoul rehash, or did players get something more?
- TORWars Guild
- PayPal Donations – Jason and Rich. Thanks very much, guys!
- Corellian Run Radio
- The ASF Podcast