Hello, fellow galactic citizens, and welcome to the very latest edition of the TORWars podcast! This is a bit of an odd show for us because, quite frankly, we had to cut out a lot of otherwise newsy tidbits. Why, you ask? Well, there’s just been a feast of SWTOR news of late, and quite frankly, we don’t like doing three-hour long shows. There’s a good reason for this. One, Deirdre simply wanders away from the mic at roughly the 45 minute mark, leaving me to do the rest of the show by myself. Have you ever heard me drone on, and on, and on, all by myself? It’s like listening to a lone, pathetic Wookiee during mating season.
Believe me, we struggled with this one. However, faced with this option of having a long (but completely thorough) podcast, your hosts decided to cut things down to a more reasonable size, eliminate some of the news bits we’d normally report on, and keep the show short, punchy, and lively. Trust us: it’s much, much better this way.
1. Update 2.6 is now live, bringing with it all manner of changes to SWTOR.
- The classes got an update to their abilities (Smuggler and Agents are just loving the change to XS Freighter Flyby and Orbital Strike. Loving it, I tell you!)
- Kuat Drive Yards is the new flashpoint that everyone is running
- Team Deathmatch is live on Galactic Starfighter
- The Bomber is now terrorizing the skies of GSF
2. There is a new Double XP Weekend coming up!
- STARTS: Friday, March 14, 2014, 11AM PDT / 6PM GMT
- ENDS: Monday, March17, 2014, 12AM PDT / 7AM GMT
3. A new Community Cantina has been announced, and it’s February 28th in Atlanta, Georgia.
We’re happy to announce that the next stop in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Community Cantina Tour will be happening on Friday, February 28th, 2014 in Atlanta!
This is your chance to join the Star Wars: The Old Republic community for a development team Q&A as well as complimentary drinks*, food, and giveaways. Every attendee will be receiving a highly coveted Tauntaun Fawn code. Space is limited so be sure to come early.
If you’re in the area, make sure to stop by and hang out with us!
Venue: The Tabernacle
Date: Friday, February 28th, 2014
Time: 7:00-10:00PM EST
Address:152 Luckie Street, Atlanta, GA 30303
Space will be limited, so be sure to arrive early! You can RSVP on Facebook here (Facebook RSVP is not required for attendance).
We look forward to seeing you there!
4. A new SWTOR Contest, The “Send Us Your Best “My Starfighter” Contest, has been announced.
In Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Galactic Starfighter, you can customize your Starfighter into your ultimate weapon of war.
To celebrate the Free-to-Play access of Galactic Starfighter, we invite you to show off your Starfighters! We want to see your unique combinations of engines, weapons, paint jobs, blaster and engine trail colors, and more!
SEND US YOUR “MY STARFIGHTER” SCREENSHOTS!
Between now and February 23rd, 11:59PM PST / February 24th, 7:59AM GMT, send us your screenshots for a chance to be featured on our official Facebook and Instagram pages!
It’s easy to participate:
- Screenshots should not be retouched or enhanced
- Screenshots must solely utilize in-game environments and objects
- Screenshots must be at least 800×600
- We recommend turning off your User Interface
- All submissions are subject to the Electronic Arts Terms of Service
- EMAIL YOUR SCREENSHOTS ALONG WITH YOUR CHARACTER NAME, SERVER, AND COUNTRY TO SUBMISSIONS_EN@SWTOR.COM BY FEBRUARY 23RD, 11:59PM PST / FEBRUARY 24TH, 7:59AM GMT.
Discussion 1: The New Lucky 77 Swoop Speeder
It was announced today that subscribers would be getting a new ride next month. Here’s the official blurb:
We’re giving away the new Lucky-77 Swoop speeder to all of our Subscribers on March 18, 2014! With a unique gold and green color combination, the exclusive Lucky-77 has a chance to hit the jackpot when summoned, kicking off a fun animation that tosses holographic coins everywhere.
Speed into the galaxy and be a Subscriber by March 17, 2014,* to take ownership of this exclusive speeder!
Our question is this: is this just a cheap trick to keep subscribers subscribing, or is it something the fans really want? We share with you our views and insights, and tell you what we really think!
Discussion 2: The Producer’s Roadmap for 2014
Recently, Bruce MacLean shared his thoughts on future updates to SWTOR in 2014. These plans include:
- Double XP weekends
- Two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban
- Nightmare Mode for the Dread Fortress Operation
- A New Huttball Warzone on Quesh
- A New Galactic Starfighter Battle Zone
- A Nightmare Mode for the Dread Palace Operation
- A brand new Ship Role for Galactic Starfighter
- New ships for GSF
- New Flashpoints, Operations, and Gear
- A new digital expansion emulating the scope of Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- A new digital expansion emulating the scope of Galactic Starfighter
- A 9-week content cycle
We share with you, our avid listeners, our thoughts and insights into what is planned for the rest of the year, and what it might mean for the future of Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- TORWars Guild
- PayPal Donations – Brian G., Jarmo Baggins, and The Imperial Fluffy Bunny Squad on Jedi Covenant. Thanks peeps! We love you too!
- Corellian Run Radio
- Gamersaurs – and a sad farewell to our dear Alice!
- The ASF Podcast